Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Helping the earth

 WALT Building our knowledge on whats happening in the world and how to help. 

Ocean, Air and land have been affected by pollution. Using lots of water affects the Ocean because we use so much water.  If we have less smoke and bad things in the air then the air can be cleaner! The land gets affected by everyone cutting down trees and littering. Ice in the Antarctic is also melting faster.

 Animals are going extinct at an alarming rate because of deforestation, climate change and over hunting. Examples of animals that we could lose to things like this include Rhinos, Tigers, Orangutans, Elephants and so many more.

Coal, oil and gas are a big part of climate change. Coal, oil and gas are bad because they affect the air, land, animals and people. When excessive amounts of pollution goes into the water, land and air it can make natural resources dangerous to our animals and ourselves.

Poorer communities are affected more by climate change that richer communities, 

We need to reduce water waste, recycle correctly and help each other in order to help ourselves.  If we reduce water then there can be more water in rivers & lakes etc. By recycling correctly we can have less waste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.