Pages

Friday 25 September 2020

Volcanoes

 


WALT see the reaction between baking soda and vinegar

In room one we have been doing science for about the past two weeks, we started by using multiple layers of paper mache to create the shape of our volcanoes. Next we painted them. Lastly we had the actual experiment, we filled our volcanoes 2/3 of the way with water to make sure we could see the reaction, then we added baking soda which a base and on top to make the reaction we added vinegar which is an acid when they mix they create a gas, the gas is carbon dioxide. Sadly it wasn't as cool as we hoped the eruption was small and we couldn't see it that well. Maybe the water diluted the vinegar? Next time I would add more baking soda. even though it didn't work, it was still fun.

Would you ever try this experiment?

1 comment:

  1. This is a good good and maybe put a pull stop and Capital letter on the beginning of a new sentence

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.